Pages

8.19.2010

I'm a "Christian"

I've come across a lot of people who have had some form of stigma when hearing the word "Christian". Why do I know? Because I was one of them a few years ago. You would always hear "wow, religious!" or worse, "Ay, alive alive" (easier to explain if you're Filipino :) ) Just very recently, one of our friends had his prayers answered when his house was finally sold. He used to have that stigma too, but we were all so glad when he went ahead and publicly declared his praises in thanking God for his provisions.


It's interesting how the word "Christian" can be intimidating and pressuring at times, but at the end of the day, nothing feels the most comforting than knowing that God gave you a chance to know him better and it is your chance to honor Him and empower others. Franklin Catunao, a former colleague, couldn't have said it any better:

When I say "I'm a Christian." I'm not shouting "I live a clean life." I'm whispering "I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven. "When I say "I'm a Christian," I'm not bragging of success, but I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say "I'm a Christian," I'm no holier than everyone but I'm ...just a sinner who received GOD'S grace. And all the reasons to thank God.