Pages

1.26.2011

Planner Without Planning

I got myself three Starbucks planners this year. I didn’t actually use any of them. I gave it to friends and family while jokingly telling them that I don’t need a planner --- because I have no plans. 

In reality, I’ve always tried to plan ahead, but God likes to throw surprises and curveballs when I least expect it.

It applies to almost every situation in my life; before I go to sleep I would plan to wake up early, but end up hitting the snooze button a couple of times. Several months ago, never would I have expected to move back into my old office and work for my former boss. With tons of loving friends and family who would always be there for me, I would never have expected to meet more amazing people along the way. Just as I am traipsing through my daily routine, I get a phone call, a text message or someone bursting into my office with some breaking news about something that’s completely sudden and unexpected.   

I look at the planner and leaf through the dates --- March 24, July 18, September 22. All of these don’t mean anything to me now, but we never really plan for anniversaries, for poingnant moments and unforgettable events until it actually happens to us.  

You may be in a situation in your life wherein you feel that you are trapped in the mundane, and then something happens that can change your life forever. You may also be in a point of crossroads, trying to figure out what you want in your career or in your personal relationships.  I don’t know where you are now, but all I know is that in the midst of a curveball and an unexpected twist in your life, sometimes we just need to take a swing at it and trust that the Lord will take care of everything. 

To make the long story short, I may not own a physical planner, but I should be fine. God has better plans for me than the ones I have for myself.  



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  -Jeremiah 29:11